Sunday 17 April 2011

Quilt Show

Today I had the pleasure of going to my very first quilt show and some of the things that are there are purely AMAZING! The amount of time and effort some people put into it is unbelievable.  Didn't manage to snap any pics of the sheer gorgeousness of some of the quilts since the crazy "Quilt Angels" (Women with white gloves who are allowed to touch the quilts) were scaring me but I did find some tasty fabrics to use in my bags. nom nom nom!

 There was also something there that was very confusing!  How can something win not one but two prizes for embroidery when the piece that was being displayed didn't have a scrap of embroidery on it?!? 

2 comments:

  1. Like that I'm not the only one that uses fat quarters for bags!

    The only thing I can think of with the prize winning thing is that it won because it didn't have embroidery and really they're embroidery fascists! Sounds very odd those ladies with white gloves...Aren't quilts for using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) These are the only actual fat quarters I've brought, my other fabric I get the shop weigh's it and I always seem to end up with loads (not a bad thing though)

    ReplyDelete