We moved house at the end of May, the new place is fabulous and it felt like home as soon as we got the keys, even though we had nothing in here yet. The good thing about the new place, and one of the many reasons we chose this house, is that we now have a hobby room big enough for both of our hobbies that isn't taking the place of what would be a bedroom (B likes to paint and convert miniatures of the war-gaming variety).
|My side is a tip!! Best get that sorted (edit, it is now tidy, just haven't got a picture of it).|
We now have a space to sit together and don't feel like we are abandoning each other when we want to do something hobby related. However I've not had much chance to do anything lately due to the arrival of a certain little lady, meet our daughter Melody
She will be 8 weeks old on Friday and we are totally besotted with her despite the lack of sleep and all the worries that come with being parents. That fact that she is so cute makes up for the lack of sewing and posting I've been able to do. This is now the
Anyway, before we moved I had managed to perfect my renfrew pattern by adjusting the bottom part of the top to come back in under the bump instead of dropping like a dead weight. I did this by taking the pattern back to the normal measurements starting around 3 inches from the hem line. Once this adjustment had been made I made two versions.
3/4 length sleeve in Navy for work - pictures taken pre-move near the end of May
Short sleeve in Wham! jersey for fun - Pictures taken post-move about a week before Melody was born.
Despite the awesome Wham! fabric I actually preferred the Navy version because the fabric was better quality, although Wham! is thick jersey it just lacks stability so just felt off when it was worn and also massive on me even though I used the same pattern pieces. Isn't it strange how you can get two different feelings about the same top just because of the difference in fabric.