Sunday, 16 October 2011

Raspberry Dress

Phew it's taken some mental doing but I believe I've finished the Raspberry Dress.  After posting about it on Friday night I made a brew and ventured to the dreaded task of finishing the dress. After trying it on I decided that although it is meant to be a loose fitting dress it just looked like a sack on me, and something somewhere was pulling the fabric in a strange way (Good spot there Rachel!).

I've not tried to fit anything like this before and all of the fitting I started to do seemed a little haphazard and not particularly helpful so I decided to rip out the zip and both side seams (I think I nearly cried at this point) and start again with the front sides as the back appeared to be fine. 

To fit I just tried it on inside out and pinned the dress until it looked a heck of a lot better, and wiggling out of the dress with it all pinned together made me realise that I didn't need a zip after all, I consider that a win!

It's going to look much better after a good iron, but I'm pretty chuffed with myself for actually finishing it!


  1. Looks lovely! Well done on avoiding a zip!

  2. YAY! I love it! That neckline is fabulous and super yay to no zip!!!